We’re looking for a…
Full Time - New York, NY (USA)
Abacus is on the lookout for a Marketing Assistant who will support our Marketing Manager and help our communications team do great work.
What we’re looking for
We are looking to hire a Marketing Assistant who is passionate about getting people to discover the world in their own way.
You should have a passion for communications and marketing, have some basic awareness of social media and online advertising and be an organized individual.
To be successful in this role, you must also like getting into the nitty-gritty of administrative work as it will help making sure our team meets its deadlines.
You’ll be the right hand of our Marketing Manager and will also sometimes be asked to help support the rest of our communications team.
Who we are
We’re an award-winning digital agency at the heart of New York City, but our clients are from all around the world.
Being a premier travel, adventure and tourism digital agency, it only makes sense that we work with organisations around the globe.
We specialise in programmatic advertising, long-term SEO strategies, social media and content marketing.
No matter how big or small our client’s organisation and budgets are, we’ve got a solution for them. This means you have a chance to work with both small businesses and renowned travel agencies.
Day to day
On an almost daily basis, you’ll be responsible for:
- Scheduling and planning various meetings
- Maintain our database and client file management system
- Carrying out research tasks when required
- Assisting with queries through the website and delegate them to the right person
- Help us prepare various internal and marketing reports
- Reconcile expense accounts and monitor budgets for the marketing team
- Manage social media content for the organisation
You are someone who has...
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing ro communications.
- Attention to detail and impressive communication skills (both written and oral)
- Great initiative and excellent work ethic
- Efficient time management skills
- A capacity for multi-tasking and an ability to work under pressure when required
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Knowledge and experience with using programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Canva is a plus.
Why it’s good to work at Abacus
No lunchbox required
When you work in our offices, we provide you with breakfast, lunch and snacks. We have options to cater for a variety of dietary needs. And a barista that will make your coffee just right.
Work when you want
All our employees can choose the hours they work as long as their responsibilities have been covered. Everyone is entitled to work from home two days a week.
Fair salary and 401K
We believe in giving you a fair, competitive salary and support you in the long run. You also get a 401K with 4% match from us.
A healthy you
If you’re not feeling good, you won’t be able to do your best work. That’s why we offer full health and dental coverage for your immediate family members (partners and children) and yourself.
Keep on learning
We believe that there’s always an opportunity to learn and get better at your job. That’s why we support personal development opportunities such as industry conferences, business coaching or continuing education.
Balancing family and work is not an easy challenge. All Abacus employees are entitled to unlimited leave to care for a family member and our parental leave policy applies to both mothers and fathers (adoptions included).
Think you’re the Marketing Assistant we’re looking for?
Send us a cover letter and your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
So you’ll have an idea of what’s next, here are approximate dates
- Receiving applications: July 26 to August 12
- Reviewing applications: August 13 to August 15
- Interview and testing process: Starting August 16